Hello To All,
I know that I have a tendency to post when I feel poorly, so I think it’s high time for a positive update. Here it is: I feel pretty darn good! There are three things to which I can attribute this change:
1. My doc put me back on pharmaceuticals for yeast – indefinitely:
- Diflucan, 200mg 1x per week
- Nystatin, 1,000,000 IU 2x per day
- Amphotericin B, 3X per day.
I started feeling better after a couple of weeks on this protocol. No more burning vulvodynia, fewer digestive problems, fewer headaches, less chemical sensitivity.
2. I started taking a low dose of Maca for the adrenals. Maca has turned out to be a wonder herb for me. My energy is much better and I feel more vigorous than I have in years. It is also beneficial for the libido, as people say it is.
3. I changed my diet (yet again). After years of being quite thin, I started gaining weight in my midsection after prolonged courses of ABX. That in combination with an obvious yeast problem made me seek out another low-carb diet. I started the Dukan Diet which is high protein, low fat, and low carb. Not only have I lost about seven pounds, but I feel much better on this diet. If I adhere to the diet, I have NO headaches and NO digestive problems, and NO bloating. I’m also in a better mood. Supposedly protein is beneficial for mood, and I think that’s true.
I have NO dizziness, vertigo, or lightheadedness. I have NO joint or muscle pain. I can drive for hours without problems, even on the highway. My mood has really improved, despite recent difficulties in the lives of my loved ones. I also feel mentally sharper. I recently made some art. I am even looking for a permanent job instead of little temporary ones. That’s a lot of improvement since the summer.
To follow up on my last post, I decided to try the Cutler heavy metals protocol. I tried low-dose DMSA but it flared the yeast. I’m switching to low-dose DMPS (which I’ve had before via I.V. Tx) I’ll let you know how that goes.
I continue to use a GB-4000 frequency generator for Borrelia and co-infections. I also started using it for fungus. I’ll see how that goes.
As I’ve said before, I believe that yeast/fungus is the big problem for me at this point. I think that diet, a long term killing protocol, chelation, and biofilm treatment are the keys to returning to health for me. Wish me luck!