Hello to All,
I met with my third doctor in three years on my ongoing quest for health. I was impressed by his comprehensive approach to my illness. Here is the gist of it:
- I have Lyme Disease (he is my third doc to confirm this*) AND
- I also have Babesia (diagnosed by symptoms. Testing is $$$ and not always helpful) AND
- Poor phase 1 and 2 detoxification ability resulting in inadequate glutathione production
- Inability to detox mold resulting in biotoxin illness (revealed by genetic testing)
- Methylation defects – MTFHR and others
- Ongoing yeast problems
- Increased intestinal permeability (aka Leaky Gut syndrome)
- High levels of lead and mercury (though they came down significantly with IV chelation)
- Reduced liver function
- Reduced thyroid and adrenal function
Now, I already knew most of this, but it’s refreshing to have someone put it all together at one time. Now we’ll see if he has solutions for my problems. I can only hope that this is the complete picture of my health problems and there are no others in hiding. I’m testing my metal levels and spending the next 5 weeks detoxing before proceeding with Babesia treatment. Here are a few meds and supplements that I’ll be adding to my regimen:
- Apex Methyl-SP formula, containing high doses of B vitamins, TMG and choline (given by my current naturopath)
- Researched Nutritionals Liposomal Glutathione
- Diflucan every other day
- Nystatin twice per day
I’m also experimenting with my diet. I mostly avoid gluten, dairy, and sugar, and now I’m cutting down on the meat and omitting beef and pork entirely. I must admit, I feel a little starved.
I feel a renewed sense of hope after meeting with him. But as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I’ll track my symptoms and report back.
* Note: I have a Lyme Disease diagnosis by two naturopaths and an MD whose specialty is treating Lyme, ME/CFS and similar conditions. I’ve thought about seeing an infectious disease doc, but I doubt I’ll get any assistance from one. My diagnosis does not meet CDC criteria.